Upcoming changes to the Gallery card

11-01-2022 08:36 AM
SydneyBohn
Esri Contributor
1 1 608

Howdy Hubbers!

Recently, the ArcGIS Hub team has been working on architectural changes to the Gallery Card to make it easier for us to add other highly requested enhancements. With this week’s ArcGIS Hub release (11/1/2022), you may notice a few minor visual changes in your site’s Gallery Cards we begin to roll out these updates.

This is a summary of the changes you might expect to see on your Gallery Cards:

• Item thumbnail ratios are now respected for all card configurations
    • All Gallery Cards will now respect the image ratio of thumbnails set on content items. This change stems from repeat feedback we’ve received asking us to not to responsively crop thumbnails as it often hid parts of images that our customers had worked hard to produce.
    • This will increase the overall on-page size of certain card configurations. This will be most noticeable with rows that have 2 cards.
    • Note: If you notice certain cards appear to be very small or have a short thumbnail image, verify that the thumbnail uploaded is at least 600 x 400px in size as recommended by ArcGIS Online.
  • Text is center-aligned on all card configurations
    • All text displayed on the various Gallery Card permutations will now be center-aligned for consistency. This will be most noticeable with single-card or 2-card row configurations.
  •  Visual differences with Appearance settings
    • Softer drop shadows
    • Small changes in hollow button theming

Here's a quick visual comparison between Gallery Cards:

Before the 11/1 ArcGIS Hub release:

Gallery cards before the 11/1 ArcGIS Hub releaseGallery cards before the 11/1 ArcGIS Hub release

Gallery Cards after the 11/1 ArcGIS Hub release:

Gallery cards after the 11/1 ArcGIS Hub releaseGallery cards after the 11/1 ArcGIS Hub release

Let us know what you think!

Please feel free to post any comments, ideas, or thoughts you may have regarding these changes -- we're happy to hear them!

Happy Hubbing!
Sydney Bohn

1 Comment
About the Author
Hi friends! My name is Sydney and I'm a Product Engineer for ArcGIS Hub and Enterprise Sites. I've been with Esri since 2017 and have been a Hub enthusiast for just as long. If you want to talk Hub sites, I'm your gal! I love traveling, cats, maps, and all the weird things in life.