User unable to see Portal Layers

01-19-2024 12:46 PM
DerekBannon22
New Contributor II

After logging into our portal on ArcGIS for AutoCAD, I have a user that is unable to see any of the portal layers within our organization. 

Other users still have access to the portal and can see our organization layers and add them in ArcGIS for AutoCAD. 

This happens with both version 420 and 430 in AutoCAD Map 3D 2023. 

I have deleted the ApplicationSettings.json file and this did not do anything. 

I am not sure what could be happening to cause this. 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DanWade
Esri Contributor

Hello Derek,

Thanks for already installing 430! User permissions is not something within ArcGIS for AutoCAD causing this behavior. AFA just passes this login information the user enters to the ArcGIS Organization as needed.

When the user is on the Add Data UI and signed in what can they see when they select "My Organization" under the ArcGIS Organization? If the user does not own any content the user will not have any layers listed on the "My Content" tab.

DanWade_0-1705928237109.png

What can this particular user see as far as content when they are signed-in to this ArcGIS Enterprise using a browser?

0 Kudos
DerekBannon22
New Contributor II

Hey Dan, 

Thanks for taking my question. 

The user does not see anything under the "My Organization" heading within ArcGIS for AutoCAD.  

I got them to login to portal on their web browser and they are able to see all the content within our organization. We are using SAML for signing into our portal. We have a a handful of users that are not experiencing this same issue. 

Are there any log files that I could check to troubleshoot this? 

Thanks again. 

0 Kudos
DanWade
Esri Contributor

Hey Derek,

For this type of issue it would be best if you could submit a case with Esri Technical Support for the Enterprise-Extension Team.

They can assist you with trouble shooting this behavior and walk you through checking logs and this user's permissions on the ArcGIS Enterprise.

Kind regards,

Dan

0 Kudos
DerekBannon22
New Contributor II

Just one last question Dan. 

Being a part of the "Viewer" user group is enough to bring in portal content using ArcGIS for AutoCAD, correct? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
DanWade
Esri Contributor

Hey Derek,

Yes, I can confirm a User with just Viewer privileges is allowed to add layers and just view them in AFA.

Any layer the user can see:

DanWade_0-1705940244132.png

My user does not own any content so this page should be blank as it is:

DanWade_1-1705940314433.png

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
DerekBannon22
New Contributor II

I am now testing in the same AutoCAD version that my coworker was and I am running into the same issues. 

The problem only seems to exist with AutoCAD Map 3D 2023. 

I was using Civil 3D 2022 previously and had no problems seeing portal layers. I installed AutoCAD Map 3D 2023 and I am now experiencing the same problems. 

I don't believe this is a Enterprise issue anymore. I think its on the CAD or application side. 

0 Kudos
DanWade
Esri Contributor

Hello Derek,

I appreciate the continued testing. I just finished testing AutoCAD Map 3D 2023 and 2024 and both work fine for me.

2023 with justViewer user

DanWade_4-1705949505976.png

2024 with justViewer user

DanWade_2-1705949456201.png

Kind regards,

Dan

0 Kudos