FieldMaps looking AGOL login when downloading offline map

Jump to solution
12-07-2023 08:11 AM
RachelS
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I'm trying to set up offline working for staff. I have the ESRI Imagery basemap, using this url:

https://services.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/World_Imagery/MapServer

Staff use Fieldmaps with ArcGIS Enterprise and Portal however everytime I try to download an offline map it's asking for ArcGIS Online log in, which they don't have as we have Portal licences.

Is this expected behaviour and can anyone tell me a way around this?

Thanks

Rachel

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Eugene_Adkins

What version of Portal are you using? We're on 10.9.1 (older than 10.7.X may not function properly?), we use Field Maps (our field users sign-in via Portal with our organization's SAML), and we're able to take maps offline with the basemap you're referencing.

Using this URL for the tiled map capable of being taken offline: https://tiledbasemaps.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/services/World_Imagery/MapServer (I believe this is the same basemap you have referenced but you can double-check) you should be able to add an item into your Portal (see the ESRI documentation here) as @ColinLawrence mentioned. This documentation will allow you choose the version of Portal you're using at the top.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Rachel,

You would need to proxy the basemap (embed your AGOL credentials) in the basemap item in order to avoid this prompt. Do you, or someone else in your organization, have ArcGIS Online credentials you can use to do this?

You would take the URL you posted and add as a new item to the Portal from the Content page. During this process you can check a box that you want to add credentials to the item. I hope this helps!

Regards,
Colin
Eugene_Adkins

Here's a similar thread: Must sign into ArcGIS Online to download offline a... - Esri Community

Nothing is marked as "the solution" but it seems as if there is one provided ... at least with their situation. Note especially the response by JosephGrossman at 07-08-2023 05:30 AM if you haven't added the basemap as new item in Portal.

Hope it helps.

RachelS

Thank you @ColinLawrence  and @Eugene_Adkins 

Unfortunately I'm having the same problem as the last poster on the thread you linked Eugene.

It's doesn't prompt for credentials with the World Imagery layer.

WorldImagery1.png

Not sure why it won't work with Imagery?

0 Kudos
Eugene_Adkins

What version of Portal are you using? We're on 10.9.1 (older than 10.7.X may not function properly?), we use Field Maps (our field users sign-in via Portal with our organization's SAML), and we're able to take maps offline with the basemap you're referencing.

Using this URL for the tiled map capable of being taken offline: https://tiledbasemaps.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/services/World_Imagery/MapServer (I believe this is the same basemap you have referenced but you can double-check) you should be able to add an item into your Portal (see the ESRI documentation here) as @ColinLawrence mentioned. This documentation will allow you choose the version of Portal you're using at the top.

RachelS

Hi @Eugene_Adkins 

Your url seems to have done the trick and brings up the option to store credentials.

I'm using version 11.1 of Portal so not sure if that affected my url.

But it's all working as it should so thank you for your help.  

0 Kudos