ArcGIS Field Maps on Windows 11 beta testing now open!

01-09-2023 10:53 AM
LizArmstrong
Esri Contributor
5 4 3,390

We have exciting news! Field Maps is now available for beta testing on Windows 11! You can run Field Maps (Android version) on Windows 11 with the new Windows Subsystem for Android (or WSA).

This testing event will be open in our ArcGIS Field Maps Early Adopter program from Jan 9th to June 22nd, 2023. Click on the link or scan the QR code to join the program!

EAPQRInvite.png

We look forward to supporting your testing and getting feedback on this solution! Thank you!

4 Comments
GISAdministrator5
New Contributor II

Hi Liz,

I have been working with the field maps app on the android subsystem for the las t couple of months, the problem that i keeps running into is that the app will work for awhile and then will stop working and not allow me to log into either of our portals. the only way i am able to get it to work again is to uninstall field maps and reinstall, then it will work again for however long it decides to work. hopefully with this beta program we are heading in the right direction to getting this to work better.

just my comments.

DavinaWhite
New Contributor

Hi @LizArmstrong 

Is it still possible to still be part of this testing event. We have just purchased a Panasonic ToughPad to use the Field Maps App and will be installing Windows 11 on this device. Have just tried to used the QR code, although not sure if that worked. We are a small not for profit organisation and this would be a great help to us.

Many thanks,

Davina

ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @GISAdministrator5 @DavinaWhite ,

The forums are still open on the Early Adopter site linked above and you can continue to do testing and submit feedback there. Here is link directly to the forum: https://earlyadopter.esri.com/project/forum/topic.html?cap=e55aef78a95143e7a5fb72583c20e4d4&forid={C...

Please submit your issues there and the team can work with you on them. 

DavinaWhite
New Contributor

Hi @ColinLawrence 

Thank you for the info. that's great news about the forums for the Early Adopter. Will follow the link and submit any issues there.

thanks,

Davina

About the Author
Product Manager for the Field Apps!