Print Widget

2 weeks ago
RodWoodford
New Contributor III

Hi The latest version of the print widget does not print graphic text. eg area and perimeter information does not print. Any advice would be great.

cheers

Rod

0 Kudos
2 Replies
FredericPoliart_EsriAU
Occasional Contributor II

When the "draw" widget is used, I think it creates a temporary sketch layer on the client itself (your browser).
and the print widget is invoking a print geoprocessing task on ArcGIS Server.  The server itself is "building" the print PDF (gathering all the layers, the template, logo. north arrow, and then returning a URL to the PDF).

The server can't draw what is local on the client's memory browser. 

They (Esri) need to improve the print widget to send out the Drawing Layer as JSON (line/polygon/text,etc. with all of the symbology you selected while drawing your markups on the map). 
..and I am going to guess that they would need to send all the points, lines and polygons as a separate layer for the Server' GPTask to overlay them on top of your printed pdf map.    
And the font text would be a bit complicated (size) because the print is 150dpi or 300dpi and the screen is 92dpi 🙂 

What do they do in Councils?  > print-screen 🙂 and paste in MsPaint. 

0 Kudos
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @RodWoodford ,

I have tried the draw widget in ExB, and the sketch layer in the Map viewer, but both look good in the print output. Can you share a sample app with me?

Thanks,

Shengdi

0 Kudos