Experience Builder Pie Chart Widget - Legend Scroll Bar

10-10-2023 08:32 AM
Bobby_Lloyd
New Contributor

To get familiar with Experience Builder, I'm following along with this tutorial: https://learn.arcgis.com/en/projects/get-started-with-arcgis-experience-builder/ 

When adding the pie chart with a legend, the legend items do not all appear - a scroll bar is automatically included. There are only 3 legend items, so I thought surely there must be a way to make them all be visible without a scroll bar. However, after messing with the chart widget size and other settings, I cannot find a way to get all of these elements visible without a scroll bar. Has anyone else dealt with this issue and found a solution? Or perhaps am I missing a setting option somewhere?

Bobby_Lloyd_0-1696951829843.png

5 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

You can resize widgets by clicking on the widget (to select it as the active widget), then clicking and dragging the white bars.

JeffreyThompson2_0-1696952969773.png

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
ChenChen4
New Contributor III

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried resize but it does not seems to expand the space for the legend area:

ChenChen4_0-1709700881184.png

0 Kudos
SpencerCook
New Contributor

I had the exact same problem on the same tutorial. I managed to get rid of the scrollbar by changing the legend font away from Avenir Next, in Appearance -> Text Settings -> Legend Label. Maybe not the most elegant solution, but it seemed to work for me.

Screenshot 2023-11-03 at 11-51-43 ArcGIS Experience Builder.png

ChenChen4
New Contributor III

Probably this is the best solution so far. 

0 Kudos
JosephKinyon
New Contributor II

This was the only solution I could find also, the are no properties to manage the legend dimensions and using avenir at 14 pt meant auto, stretch, nor custom worked--always resulted in a scroll bar. 

0 Kudos