web adapter can't access server machine

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Everything was slow so we did a reboot and now I can't access anything. Enterprise 11.2. Ran a repair on server as well. 

Laura_1-1713359768140.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Laura
MVP Regular Contributor

Ending up being something way off - 

• We stopped the ArcGIS Server Service
  • We edited the server.xml file in C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\framework\runtime\tomcat\conf to include a keyalias for the selfsignedcertificate.
  • We performed a similar edit for the <machine name>.json file in C:\arcgisserver\config-store\machines
  • We restarted Server.

View solution in original post

18 Replies
CodyPatterson
Occasional Contributor III

Hey @Laura 

My server typically takes 10+ minutes to rebind to the Web Adaptor after a restart, has this time went by before another attempt? Also, I was curious if you're able to access it through the port URL.

If that's still not working, I'd attempt to restart the IIS server that it's running on, or restart it through the IIS console. If that still does not work, I'd attempt to open up the Web Adaptor configuration through the start menu and attempt to access the URL that is in there, and then if still not working, attempt to place the same URL and see if it's just stuck somewhere.

Hope that helps!

Cody

0 Kudos
Laura
MVP Regular Contributor

It has been like this for 24 hours now. I can't access it either way and the server everything is on was restarted a few times yesterday.

0 Kudos
CodyPatterson

Hey @Laura 

Ah alright I see what you mean, I assume you've tried this already, but when looking inside of Task Manager, on the Services tab, does it show the ArcGIS Server as running? If it is running, would it be possible to Stop and Start it once to see if it makes any difference? I've had some issues persist through server restarts until I did that.

Cody

0 Kudos
Laura
MVP Regular Contributor

I stopped and started 3x yesterday and not sure if I should keep doing that

0 Kudos
CodyPatterson

Hey @Laura 

This has definitely became quite interesting, I'm curious if a Windows update has broken the Server, even saying this, I'm using 11.2 and have updated my machine to the most recent update. Perhaps an update is missing?

At this point, I think support would be best to take a look at it to see what has went wrong, it may be fruitful to check the logs, mine being in this location here: C:\arcgisserver\logs along with the database logs to see if something could be hanging.

Cody

0 Kudos
Laura
MVP Regular Contributor

I did check in with support and got nowhere unfortunately, came here to see if anyone had fresh ideas. I'll take a look at the logs

0 Kudos
berniejconnors

@Laura 

Can you access the server where ArcGIS Server is installed?  Check in the Windows Services console to see if the "ArcGIS Server service" is running.  If not, try to start it.  If it is running, check the Task manager to see if there are any ArcSOC.exe processes running.

Bernie.

0 Kudos
Laura
MVP Regular Contributor

Yes running and seeing ArcSOC

0 Kudos
berniejconnors

It sounds like a problem with the web adaptor.  For some reason the web adaptor thinks the ArcGIS Server is not ready to receive requests.  Has the web adaptor been rebooted or is it on the same server as ArcGIS Server?

0 Kudos