web adapter can't access server machine

Jump to solution
04-17-2024 06:17 AM
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Everything was slow so we did a reboot and now I can't access anything. Enterprise 11.2. Ran a repair on server as well. 

Laura_1-1713359768140.png

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Laura
MVP Regular Contributor

All on the same server

0 Kudos
berniejconnors
Occasional Contributor III

The webadaptor is supposed to check the server health (:6080/arcgis/rest/info/healthcheck) and the "Under Maintenance" flag (:6080/arcgis/admin/machines/<machine_name>/edit) to determine if the server is ready.  Have you checked these?

0 Kudos
Laura
MVP Regular Contributor

hm when i try it takes me back to the same error. maybe i'm doing it wrong?

0 Kudos
berniejconnors

I don't have experience with a one server setup.  My web adaptor has a different server name than my ArcGIS Server.  Can you access your REST services directory?  Admin Directory? Server Mnager? or do you get the same message from the web adaptor?

0 Kudos
Laura
MVP Regular Contributor

all the same error

0 Kudos
berniejconnors

Sorry - I am out of suggestions.  I suggest you go back to Esri Support.

Bernie.

0 Kudos
NileshValwaikar
New Contributor III

Dont know if this would work for you but you can give it a try.

As you are having everything on a single machine i suggest you to

First stop all arcgis services like (Portal Service, Arc Server Hosting Service, Datastore Service etc), Also change their startup type to Manual. 

Ensure each service has proper credentials in the 'Log On' tab, the same which was used while installing. It would be safe to reenter the same credentials again for each service.

Check if all ArcGIS folders are having Full access to the user account which was used to setup the Arcgis Enterprise

Restart your PC and than start each service one by one in below order.... 

wait for atleast 10mins after starting one service and than only start the next one

1) Datastore

2) Arc Server

3) Portal

Try to access the Arc Server Manager via web adaptor and see if you are able to access it now.

0 Kudos
Scott_Tansley
MVP Regular Contributor

Hey Laura,

Have you jumped onto the machine and used https://localhost:6443/arcgis/rest/services what happens when you do that?  You'll probably get a certificate error, just push through it and accept the 'risk'.  It's fine.  This rules the WA out and gives us a view of what's happening with the server itself....

Scott Tansley
https://www.linkedin.com/in/scotttansley/
Laura
MVP Regular Contributor

Ending up being something way off - 

• We stopped the ArcGIS Server Service
  • We edited the server.xml file in C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\framework\runtime\tomcat\conf to include a keyalias for the selfsignedcertificate.
  • We performed a similar edit for the <machine name>.json file in C:\arcgisserver\config-store\machines
  • We restarted Server.