Custom print service stops working after ArcGIS Server upgrade to 10.9

09-30-2021 11:14 AM
Col_Forbin
New Contributor III

I had a custom print service running in standalone ArcGIS Server 10.8.1.  The service was published from ArcGIS Pro, and used built-in credentials to allow printing secured feature services.  After upgrading the server to 10.9, this service stopped working.  Server logs show:

Failed to create layer from service at: [REST Endpoint of map service]

The built-in credentials have privileges on the secure services.  Printing web maps with public services works as expected.

I have installed all patches for 10.9.

I have a support ticket in with tech support and no solution yet, but I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue with custom print services and secured map services with AGS 10.9?

5 Replies
IhabHassan
Esri Contributor

for some reason, this issue kinda ringing a bell.

Did you try to republish the service using your built-in credentials?

Regards
Ihab
0 Kudos
Col_Forbin
New Contributor III

Hi Ihab,

Thanks for the reply.  Yes I did republish the service with the credentials and the problem persists.  Tech support has advised they believe it may be a problem with the 10.9 update, but it is not confirmed yet.

0 Kudos
Col_Forbin
New Contributor III

Further response from support indicates the workaround is to publish the custom print service from ArcMap, which I have tested and it does solve the problem for now while Esri investigates the issue further.

0 Kudos
dd_dev
by
New Contributor II

Do you know if this issue was ever resolved?

0 Kudos
dd_dev
by
New Contributor II

To update.. strangely enough, they just released a patch yesterday (like 3-4 hrs after I asked this question) that resolved the issue for us!! 

0 Kudos