ArcGIS Enterprise Shared Feature Layer (referenced registered data) Add Field

Jump to solution
03-22-2024 12:32 PM
TylerT
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I have shared a web layer from ArcGIS Pro as a Feature Layer (referenced registered data) to an Enterprise GeoDatabase.  I recently added a new field from the ArcGIS Pro side and the field is not reflected on the Portal item.  What is the best practice to ensure reflection of the new field?

Thank you,

Tyler

Enterprise 11.2
ArcGIS Pro 3.2.0

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

@TylerT after adding a field to a referenced service, you will only have to restart the service for the field to appear.  

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RyanUthoff

You will need to republish the feature service in order for the new field to be visible in your feature service. At least in the old Portal map viewer, any new fields you add are hidden by default in the pop-up, so you'll need to make sure that the new field is turned on in the pop-up after republishing the feature service.

And just to clarify, by republish, I mean you can republish by overwriting the existing feature service. You don't have to create a new one.

0 Kudos
TylerT
by

Thanks for the response.  That is interesting and makes me wonder which reflections occur silently from ArcGIS Pro to Portal and which require more effort.  For example, adding/altering attribute rules in ArcGIS Pro are silently (no additional effort, republishing) added to the Portal Item.  In other words, when is a republish required.  Also, what is lost on the Portal Side, if anything, during a republish?  Any insights?

Tyler

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

@TylerT after adding a field to a referenced service, you will only have to restart the service for the field to appear.  

TylerT
by

@JakeSkinner; Restarting the service through the ArcGIS Server Manager worked.  Thank you.

0 Kudos