ArcGIS DataStore 10.3.1 Service wont start

07-07-2016 02:13 PM
CallumSmith
New Contributor III

Hi

We have the ArcGIS datastore 10.3.1 installed in our Portal/Server stack and it has been up and running without issue for the past 8 months. The datastore is installed on the same machine as ArcGIS for Server. Portal is installed on a different server

However yesterday the service stopped and we cant get it to start again?

If I look in the logs there isn’t much except “Failed to stop CouchDB. com.esri.arcgis.datastore.common.DataStoreException: Configuration store is not configured correctly, or a bad configuration is being used.. Could not find file nulletc\arcgis-data-store-config.json.

In the event viewer there is:

The description for Event ID 0 from source PostgreSQL cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

pg_ctl: could not send reload signal (PID: 4704): No such process

Any Ideas anyone..??

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

since this was working, and suddenly stopped, the first thing, of course, is to try a reboot of any of the servers/machines. Also find out if there were any system updates that took place.

Beyond that, the few things that I find to cause weird, unexplained ArcGis Server or SDE errors are 1) a password expiration/change (or permission changes), 2) license expiration, for example if you have an SDE license registered to an EDN license instead of your permanent license, or 3) some type of token timeout (which is unlikely in this case)

If you can run it the license issues, i would start with the user/password and or permission changes to your database and/folders or connections.

CallumSmith
New Contributor III

In the end I couldn't get to the bottom of my issue so I had to uninstall and reinstall/configure the datastoret

0 Kudos