Delete OpenID Connect Login

Jump to solution
02-01-2023 06:14 PM
premsweb
New Contributor II

I am trying to delete an openID connect login that was previously setup but I simply get this error. There are no logs pertaining to this either.

premsweb_0-1675303994519.png

I am in ArcGIS Enterprise 11.0 and support has not been any help so far. Any assistance is greatly appreciated as I cannot find any information for this error whatsoever. 

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffSmith
Esri Contributor

I would double-check if there are any users in your Portal that belong to that OpenID Connect provider.  If so, that is why it cannot be deleted.  All users from that OIDC provider need to be deleted first before you can delete the whole thing.  The error message should definitely be updated to reflect that.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JeffSmith
Esri Contributor

I would double-check if there are any users in your Portal that belong to that OpenID Connect provider.  If so, that is why it cannot be deleted.  All users from that OIDC provider need to be deleted first before you can delete the whole thing.  The error message should definitely be updated to reflect that.

premsweb
New Contributor II

Thank you, Jeff. I asked the support analyst the same question, i.e., if all the users need to be deleted before and the answer was no. 

The documentation does not say this either. I will try this in a dev environment. An enhancement to the error message and documentation would be very helpful in such instances. 

0 Kudos
MarcGraham2
Occasional Contributor III

I am having the same issue. I went throught he Sharing API and tried there using this URL: https://dnsname.com/portal/sharing/rest/portals/0123456789ABCDEF/oidc/Ej271aNSub40Wb9Q/unregister

and got the following error: 

Unable to unregister OpenID Connect provider as there are still user(s) from this provider.

Error: 400

Question: How can I find out which users are linked to this provider?

Thanks,

Marc

0 Kudos
MarcGraham2
Occasional Contributor III

Ah I see that each user at this URL: https://dnsname.com/portal/sharing/rest/community/users/username?f=pjson

has an attribute:

"provider": "oidc_Ej271aNSub40Wb9Q",

which you can query.

0 Kudos