Missing keyfields in Pro Change Detector

Jump to solution
06-21-2023 09:11 AM
Declan
by
New Contributor II

Hi everyone,

I hope this is the right place to post this. I'm using the wonderful Pro Change Detector tool by @BruceHarold (hi!) and I'm trying to select "PIPSEC_ID" as my keyfield. Unfortunately, it seems like I can't select any fields of that data type (Double).

Does anybody have any insight into this? Is there a reason that I can't select a Double as my keyfield, and any way to change that? Or is it a limitation of the tool?

Thank you!

Declan

Declan_1-1687363087924.png

Declan_2-1687363275583.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Declan, this is going wayyyyy (2010!) back but you should be able to use a double field in the detection set.

If you right click the tool and get its properties dialog open the parameters is an option to edit.

Tool parametersTool parametersField typesField types

View solution in original post

5 Replies
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Declan, this is going wayyyyy (2010!) back but you should be able to use a double field in the detection set.

If you right click the tool and get its properties dialog open the parameters is an option to edit.

Tool parametersTool parametersField typesField types

Declan
by
New Contributor II

OMG! Thank you so much for the help, and for creating such an awesome tool! I have a Python script that runs it and uses its output to auto-generate a Report when we get new data. Still getting its use 13 years later 🙂

Your quick and helpful response is infinitely appreciated!

0 Kudos
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

To make it work I had to edit the Python to use hashlib and not md5, and change the case of arcpy.env.outputCoordinateSystem.  I had more time back then, obviously....

0 Kudos
Declan
by
New Contributor II

I can certainly tell you put a lot of time into it. How the hash tables work are admittedly over my head, but what I do know is that it's incredibly fast 🚀

0 Kudos
Declan
by
New Contributor II

Looks like ArcPy doesn't like the Double. It's throwing a KeyError. I'm going to dig in and see if I can cast it to a Long.

Declan_0-1687367578318.png

0 Kudos