How do I convert a JSON URL to features in ArcGIS Pro?

05-25-2023 09:00 AM
ThumukuntaManogna
New Contributor II

I have a json url which i need imported to ArcGIS Pro and converted to Features. How do I convert the json url to features?

I have tried using the data interoperability extension converting it to shapefile, but the imported data appears as a single row of meta data.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RenatoSalvaleon3
Esri Contributor

Here's a few blogs with sample workspaces that shows parsing of JSON into several destination formats.

https://community.esri.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false&f...

If you have a specific use case, a public URL, or even a sample JSON file, we could give you a more specific answer or even a working solution.

Hope this helps.  

0 Kudos
ThumukuntaManogna
New Contributor II
0 Kudos
RenatoSalvaleon3
Esri Contributor

Use a GeoJson reader for this particular URL.  You don't have to do anything special to parse the feature collection into a table or show its geometry. Attach is a sample solution, just add your desired destination format in the canvass.  

ThumukuntaManogna
New Contributor II

Thank you for the solution. I still face an issue with some columns being translated to Null values. Some columns seem to be translated well, while others are returning all null values. Examining the translator shows all the data, so there seems to be some tweaking to be done with the writer parameter, but I am unable to figure out what needs to be altered. 

0 Kudos
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi, I find the data is Multipoint and coming from the GeoJSON reader you'll get (first) point features unless you handle this aspect, see the attachment for how to make line geometry.  I don't see any null data.