Dashboard Indicator

Jump to solution
01-31-2023 10:33 AM
MariahJones
New Contributor

Working on creating a dashboard for crimes in the city. I am looking to include an indicator that shows the count of crimes that changes based on selected options. I have it functional to that point, but I would also like to be able to have the reference value be that of the same time period I am filtering by for the count. Is there a way to do this? I have only found the specified options and they do not work for the data I have.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Oh! I'm sorry, I misunderstood your original post. Unfortunately, date filters use the full timestamp, so the only way to do what you want is to have additional fields for the date parts, or else use a Data Expression to reshape the data.

It's possible you could calculate a separate date field in which all features share the same placeholder year, then have a second field that could treat the year as a category. This would let you chart your data the way you describe.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

When you add a reference value to your indicator, it can be filtered by other widgets separately from the main statistic. If you have things like date selectors filtering your indicator, you'll need to reconfigure them to also filter the reference value.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
MariahJones
New Contributor

So if I wanted it to reflect the count of a field for the same period but a year prior, would I have to have a separate date selector to filter the reference value? 
Example: 1708 crimes for the last 28 days, (reference value is) 1500 crimes for the same 28 days in 2022

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Oh! I'm sorry, I misunderstood your original post. Unfortunately, date filters use the full timestamp, so the only way to do what you want is to have additional fields for the date parts, or else use a Data Expression to reshape the data.

It's possible you could calculate a separate date field in which all features share the same placeholder year, then have a second field that could treat the year as a category. This would let you chart your data the way you describe.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
MariahJones
New Contributor

You actually answered my first question, I came up with the second after giving it a shot! Thank you for all the help

0 Kudos