Very slow download speed from appstudio-ota.arcgis.com

01-17-2023 01:32 AM
ClubExtreme
New Contributor III

For several years I've experience very often a low download speed from  https://appstudio-ota.arcgis.com after Cloud make, probably hitting the wrong-bad servers in the cloud. The speed is about 50-70 KB/sec  ... and is frustrating to get a 100MB file over this connection for 30-40 minutes... (Location is Europe).

4 Replies
TrevorFrame
Esri Contributor

Hi @ClubExtreme,

We have been unable to reproduce this issue. To help trouble shoot the issue, have you attempted to download the apps directly from arcgis.com? To do this, navigate to your Content-> Filter My Apps -> choose app -> Select "Download". 

Best,

Trevor

0 Kudos
ClubExtreme
New Contributor III

Hi Trevor,

Sure, I tried and it works. The issue is with appstudio-ota, next time when happens will dig more to see which server/s from the cloud makes problems. And this problem is not from now, at least several years. Sometimes. Probably it has to do with the location, or who knows. Will report when happens again.

0 Kudos
TrevorFrame
Esri Contributor

Thank you for the update. We will investigate this further and see what changes can be made to ensure you're getting the optimized download speeds. 

0 Kudos
TrevorFrame
Esri Contributor

Hi @ClubExtreme ,

I sent a DM with a follow up question, but perhaps it was missed. I may have found what could be causing the slower download speed, but would like to gather more information to confirm. Are you noticing slow download speeds on apps built for desktop (i.e. Mac OS and/or Windows)? Are you experiencing the same with iOS and/or Android app downloads? 

I would like to troubleshoot with you further on the issue (can be privately through messages) since I am unable to reproduce the issue. 

Best, 

Trevor