AppStudio Stuck on New App Screen

Jump to solution
03-08-2023 10:05 PM
HenryKo2
Occasional Contributor

When I click on the "New App" button, another screen shows and says "Finding apps for you to use. Please wait.". This screen is stuck there forever, not doing anything.

I have downloaded the latest for 64-bit windows and the version is 5.5.180.

I have tried to logon to corporate portal as well as not logging in at all, nothing is working.

I suspect maybe some corporate firewall is blocking whatever the "new app" button is trying to do.

Anyone else experienced the issue? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HenryKo2
Occasional Contributor

It turns out the issue is caused by some security software installed by my organisation, causing some SSL related problems. The IT department is now bypassing whatever is causing the issue, so all good now. Perhaps Esri could improve the UI so instead of having progress indicator spinning forever, a message could inform the user about some network related issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AdityaAllamraju1
Esri Contributor

Hi @HenryKo2

Can you let us know if this was also an issue with 5.4 before you downloaded the latest version 5.5.180? Also which version of Windows OS do you use 10x or 11x? It almost sounds like an issue we were having that was patched a while back. (Reference: https://support.esri.com/en/download/8075). This issue was due to some executables and only affected some users.

0 Kudos
HenryKo2
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Aditya. It's the first time I use AppStudio so haven't used previous versions. Also, the issue happens regardless of signing in or not. For example, the issue happens as soon as I open the AppStudio app (not signed int yet) then click "new app".

0 Kudos
HenryKo2
Occasional Contributor

It turns out the issue is caused by some security software installed by my organisation, causing some SSL related problems. The IT department is now bypassing whatever is causing the issue, so all good now. Perhaps Esri could improve the UI so instead of having progress indicator spinning forever, a message could inform the user about some network related issue.

0 Kudos