Convert App Studio to an open source project

03-07-2023 01:25 PM
Labels (1)
JackZhou_dev
New Contributor II

I am a GIS developer at a transportation company.
Thank you for making the product! We already deployed multiple App Studio Apps in our company. An enterprise Player template is customized to built a container App that can host a lot of mapping applications. Users are quite happy with the cross platform performance.

I feel sad that AppStudio is going to be retired. Looking at the migration options, I find that it is not straightforward to completely migrate our existing Apps to use another technology eg. ArcGIS Maps SDK for .NET (MAUI).

Is it possible that you can convert AppStudio to an open source project ? So that the community can support it.  I don't expect too much functionality enhancement. As long as the project can still meet the minimum security requirements of various platforms and be able to compile, I would be really appreciated ! We can save a lot of time rewriting the existing applications.

Tags (2)
1 Comment
NZWAC_GIS

This is a great idea, an open source version of App Studio would be a huge benefit to the community and could allow our existing apps to continue. Thanks for this suggestion!