arcpy not recognizing .odc connection file since enterprise 11.1 upgrade

a month ago
DarylHochhalter
Occasional Contributor II

After upgrade of ArcGIS Enterprise from 11.0 to 11.1 ArcGIS Pro Python Conda environment version 3.9.16 , I have a task script on the server machine that throws an arcpy ERROR 000732 does not exist or is not supported from either conversion.ExportTable or conversion.TableToGeodatabase. After much troubleshooting, I've determined that these arcpy tools aren't recognizing the odc connection file as a remote database. Instead the Describe object sees them as dataType file. It is the only part of arcpy scripts that isn't functioning as expected and I have many run as tasks.

The same ArcGIS Pro Python environment is installed on my desktop computer with Pro 3.1. I can run the very same script successfully from the same location accessing the same .odc connection file.

Microsoft ODBC 17 is installed on both machines, the server is windows 2019, the desktop is windows 11. The DNS connection is to a Firebird DB but since arcpy isn't recognizing the file that should point to that DNS, I don't think that matters.

The ODBC DNS connects successfully via ODBC data source administrator and I can connect and retrieve rows in a python script using pyodbc. It seems to be just arcpy functions on the server machine that can't connect because they simply don't recognize the .odc connection file that is part of the string to a table and don't even attempt to connect according to the ODBC trace log from data source administrator.

Although the ArcGIS Pro Python environment versions are the same on both machines, apparently they aren't the same. I haven't noticed any other functionality issues since the upgrade to 11.1

Is there some configuration file that could fix this? Filesystem extensions associations? What are the differences in the server arcpy environments and the desktop arcpy environment since they do run on a different OS. Barring an easy fix, I'm inclined to find another way to get the info I need from that Firebird database. Perhaps this should be a BUG?

0 Kudos
0 Replies