Select to view content in your preferred language

PrintingTools geoprocessing service applying stretch to raster imagery in Export Web Map

12-13-2022 01:13 PM
BlakeTerhune
MVP Regular Contributor

Our PrintingTools geoprocessing service in ArcGIS Server 10.8.1 is applying some kind of default stretch to raster imagery whith Export Web Map tasks from the print widget in a Web Appbuilder (Developer Edition v2.18) app. The web app displays the aerial from an image service (published from a mosaic dataset) in a basemap gallery widget. The raster imagery is displayed correctly in the web map and app, but the output from the print widget makes the imagery look much darker. This impacts readability with the symbology of other layers. Is there a way to control the raster symbology stretch like what can be done from within ArcGIS Pro and ArcMap?

PrintTaskRasterDifference.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RDCOGIS
New Contributor III

Hi Blake and others,

I'm in the same boat. I recreated my ExportWebMap tasks using ArcPro and pagx files (NOT 3.x, server 10.8.1 won't be able to read them, learned that the hard way but that's another story) and the new tasks are returning Image Services with a Stretch Type. 

I can see its applying the standard Percent Clip but not sure why its not just leaving it alone as I have it published, as the old task does. I tried setting the Image Service with Allow Raster Functions: false, but it did not help.

btw - my reason for upgrading the tasks was so the new ExportWebMaps can print the new Vector Basemaps. Was really pleased until I tried my own imagery....

0 Kudos
RDCOGIS
New Contributor III

Some further notes....

Setting the Custom Rendering Options in ArcPro resolved the issue for my local testing, but then I applied the same Option to my Server, using the arcgis user, but to no joy.

Are there environment settings that can be set within the script to change the behavior?

RDCOGIS_1-1674503023944.png

0 Kudos
RDCOGIS
New Contributor III

Hi, 

I went though support for this and they've logged some bugs

BUG-000158005 - The default print service in ArcGIS Online stretches the color values of the image service in the print output.

BUG-000158006 - The default printing tools in ArcGIS Server stretch the color values of the image service in the print output.

0 Kudos