Moving services from ArcGIS Server to Geoserver

05-11-2022 10:24 AM
Brian_Wilson
Occasional Contributor III

My Server 10.9 installation broke a week ago during a migration from single machine deployment to multimachine, and while I wait for Esri support to get back to me, I am thinking that a lot of the services could probably just as easily be hosted on GeoServer.

Does anyone here have guidance or suggestions for doing this?

I guess I'd be looking at WMS services. I'll have to upgrade my dusty unused Geoserver and spin it up. It's been a couple years since I looked at it.

What's broken mostly is Map Image Layers, I can currently move services from MIL's to individual hosted feature layers but then in Maps those layers have to be stacked at the top of the map, putting them on top of my labels.

When the upgrade to 10.9 broke all our Web App Builder apps, we migrated to using the Dev edition of WAB and never looked back. I am thinking that keeping every service locked up in a place where I can't repair it myself when it breaks is a big weakness, it's a single point of failure. Ironically that was the inspiration for going from single- to multi-machine -- I don't like having every services including SQL Server in one container.

0 Replies