Modify GTFS to "simulate" new routes

Jump to solution
11-29-2019 02:53 PM
RobinRikardsson
New Contributor

Hello fellow GIS enthusiasts!

I work for a public transport agency and we find the network capabilities for public transport in ArcGIS very intriguing. One feature that would be very useful for us is the possibility to modify the GTFS data in order to "test" the effects of a new schedule, a new stop or a new route. As far as I understand the GTFS data this is theoretically possible, but to manually update the correct rows in each text file would be to cumbersome. Do any of you know if there is an existing program/script that can solve this task? How hard would it be to produce one?

(P.S. we dont produce the GTFS files ourselves but fetch them from an external source)

Many thanks from Sweden!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Robin.  I understand your need, but we unfortunately don't currently have anything like this in ArcGIS Pro.  Your best bet currently is to find an external program that can edit your GTFS data and then create a separate network dataset for each scenario.  You might try TransLoc Architect, although I'm not sure what support they currently have for Sweden.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Robin.  I understand your need, but we unfortunately don't currently have anything like this in ArcGIS Pro.  Your best bet currently is to find an external program that can edit your GTFS data and then create a separate network dataset for each scenario.  You might try TransLoc Architect, although I'm not sure what support they currently have for Sweden.