Delete multiple fields quickly

Jump to solution
06-18-2021 07:53 AM
ChrisShaffer
New Contributor II

I have a feature class with about 50 fields. I want to delete the first 47 of them and keep the last 3. I know the "Delete Fields" geoprocessing tool can do this, but it's a pain to choose each field from the list box. Any other ways to go about this?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

I see.  Improving the UI in the gp tool is in the product plan as indicated on this idea: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-ideas/change-pro-delete-field-tool-ux/idi-p/927087

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
ChrisShaffer
New Contributor II

Wonderful! The "Add Many" ability works well in my case. Thanks!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ChrisShaffer
New Contributor II

Thanks Kory. I guess I'm trying to do this in a geoprocessing model. I have a big layer with too much information and want to simplify it before creating a hosted feature layer and adding it to a Webmap.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

I see.  Improving the UI in the gp tool is in the product plan as indicated on this idea: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-ideas/change-pro-delete-field-tool-ux/idi-p/927087

0 Kudos
ChrisShaffer
New Contributor II

Wonderful! The "Add Many" ability works well in my case. Thanks!

deddysetiawan
New Contributor

If you are using ArcGIS Pro

Right click your layer -> Atribute Table or just using shortcut by clicking CTRL + T

deddysetiawan_2-1626488466894.png

Choose your field that you want to delete by clicking Shift or CTRL on the title of each field

deddysetiawan_3-1626488528950.png

Right click the last field that you has choose -> Delete

deddysetiawan_4-1626488591208.png

0 Kudos
KellyDunn
New Contributor II

Export features basically achieves this and is much faster. Use the Fields section to specify which fields you want to export, and just remove those you don't.