Is it possible to disable map export from a map service?

04-24-2018 07:36 AM
MarlaJohnson
New Contributor III

Is it possible to disable map export from a map service?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Royce_Simpson
New Contributor III

hopefully this topic can be revisited.  

I have a cached/tiled map service that runs great but for some reason, if a client uses it for its "export" operation and not simply as a map service to draw up the tiles in a web map, it can get bogged down and start crashing.  For example, I currently have about 6 "active requests" that are going on a few minutes from internet clients waiting for the service "export" image.  

I'd love to disable clients from using that export operation and just allow the map service to serve up the tiles.  I'm not sure why some clients even request "export" images vs the actual tiles.  

Here's a couple examples:

Here's how I want the service to be used... simply serving up the tiles:  ArcGIS API for Javascript: Imagery/imagery2021FullCounty (larimer.org)

Here's what is bogged ArcGIS Server down and overloading the service (the following image is just an example of the "export" operation... I'm seeing that users are using it to get images that are very large and very high DPI and even different spatial references and rotated):  export (400×400) (larimer.org)

0 Kudos