Thank you for joining the GIS Day Live Chat!

10-17-2018 02:52 PM
CandaceLoya
Occasional Contributor III

And that's a wrap!

Thank you for joining us today on our first GIS Day Live Chat. Your questions have been great.

And a special thank you to our special guests Joseph Kerski‌, Nicole Minni‌, and Luis Olivieri‌. 

If you would like to post additional questions for our guests, please continue and they will respond to additional questions as they have time. 

We encourage you to continue sharing your GIS Day celebrations by posting your photos and stories on the https://community.esri.com/groups/gis-day/blog/2018/11/01/celebrate-gis-day-2018-share-your-story-on...

GIS Day "We

• 11:00 a.m. - And we're live! Go ahead and ask your questions! 

• 11:15 a.m. - If you are just joining us, feel free to ask any question. 

• 11:30 a.m. - We're halfway through, Great questions! Keep them coming! 

• 11:45 a.m. - If you are just joining us, feel free to ask any question. 

• 11:55 a.m. - Five minutes to go! Got any fun questions for our guests?

• 12:00 p.m. - And that's a wrap! The  LIVE CHAT has ended with our guests.

96 Replies
NicoleMinni
New Contributor III

I think it will just continue to increase Andrew and that is all the more reason to expose children to the technology at a young age. 

https://www.esri.com/en-us/what-is-gis/careers

0 Kudos
LuisOlivieri1
New Contributor III

When I started working in GIS 30 years ago, the possibilities where not that many and not too many fields of education were using GIS. Areas using GIS were natural resources, environmental science, agriculture, universities (education and research), archaeologist, engineers (most people moving from CAD) and a few others.  These days, I say, “GIS is everywhere!” and you can apply GIS to almost any area. Think about any career and there is a good possibility that GIS can be implemented.

GIS as a career is a great option but knowing how to use GIS in your career makes you more marketable and appealing to a potential employer.    

With the new applications to so many areas, the only way I see GIS is to keep growing during the next 5 years...   and during the next 10 years as well. 

0 Kudos
JosephKerski
Esri Notable Contributor

I would say ... traditional GIS will continue to modestly grow but what will grow even MORE is GIS in non traditional fields.  We will get back with you with more info after this chat.  Thanks. 

NicoleMinni
New Contributor III

Thanks everyone for taking part in our GIS Day Live Chat. If you have any other questions about our GIS Day event feel free to reach back out to me.

JosephKerski
Esri Notable Contributor

Thanks everyone!  Enjoyed talking with all of you.  Keep on carrying the GIS Torch!   HAPPY GIS DAY!  --Field studyJoseph K 

LuisOlivieri1
New Contributor III

Hey Nicole and Joseph.  It was an honor and pleasure to be in this live chat with you.  Thanks to the people at GeoNet who supported us and thanks to all the people that joined us. 

osamaeisa
New Contributor

For this gis day i have some words  that i heard  once from GIS spatialist called Hana Ali and she said "tell me more about where and way you live I will tell you more about yourself" .GIS Becomes so real and effective in our life congratulation Nicole and Joseph for this successful chat.

0 Kudos