drag and drop not working for batch processing

01-29-2016 11:37 AM
Jon_PaulPierre
New Contributor

I often use batch processing. I recently have an issue with Mr.Sid files not being able to drag and drop into a batch processing operation.

I am trying to do a batch process of unsupervised classification.

I have done this successfully many times in the past.

My issue is that drag and drop will not allow me to place files in the input raster column.

I have a work around where i put the files in the output raster column first and copy to excel and move to input column then paste back into batch processing. This works, however, it's a hassle because I do this operation frequently.

Input raster band and number of bands columns are green. Not sure if they were green in the past.

Anyone have any ideas why this has changed?

I've not updated ArcGIS versions for a while.

I am using 10.2.2.

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ChadKopplin
Occasional Contributor III

Are your SID images set as lossless or just compressed, because I believe there was something previously about SID's where they had to be lossless in order to use them in a process.

0 Kudos
Jon_PaulPierre
New Contributor

They are wavelet (MG3)

These same Mr.Sids worked using the drag and drop method before.

thanks

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

the only similar reference relating to yours is over 4 years old... for what it is worth

Issues with Batch Grid Control in ArcGIS 10 (copy/paste/browse)

If you can do a similar process with a different data type or different data of the same type, it would help narrow down the issue

0 Kudos
Jon_PaulPierre
New Contributor

The drag and drop is working fine with other batch processes.

For instance if I what to extract by mask I can drag and drop multiple Mr.Sid  files into the input raster  column.

When attempting a batch process with ISO unsupervised classification, I can only put the rasters in the output raster field. I get the circle with slash symbol not allowing me to drop into the input field. Even trying this with different raster data I have the same issue.

Other batch processes seem to be working fine with the Mr. Sid files. I'm only having the issue with the ISO unsupervised batch process. The ISO Cluster (Spatial Analyst) will allow me to drop into the input raster field but puts them all in one row. Maybe that is how that tool is supposed to work, at least it allows the input to go into the input field. Unfortunately I do not want to use this tool.

For now, I've been getting around the issue by dropping the Mr. Sids  into the output raster field, copying to excel, moving the Mr. Sids to the input field, then it pastes back into the ISO cluster unsupervised classification input raster field just fine. And the tool runs and gives me the output I expect. Just don't understand why I can no longer drop into the input field.

I definitely did not have this issue a few months ago.

I looked at the link you sent and does not seem to be the same issue.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You may want to escalate if you updated arcmap in the interim, or 10.3 or 10.3.1 found the issues.  It is a pain... but you can usually find something by filtering on this page

Patches and Service Pack - Esri Support 

by version and on upward.  It is amazing the number of patches etc that go by unannounced that address issues without you even knowing about them.

0 Kudos