Cursor locked in Zoom Out mode. Option or bug?

Jump to solution
02-20-2015 05:44 AM
JoannLawler
New Contributor II

I'm working in ArcMap 10.3.0.4322 on a Basic license. I have two tables open in a map created from a Blank Map template yesterday. One table was created from a .CSV file (Display XY data, then Export to shapefile. Added the shapefile to the map then removed the sources). The second is a TIGER roads shapefile.

After a few minutes of work, the cursor changed to the Zoom Out tool (I didn't notice when; I may have done it). It will not change to Zoom In or Pan when I select one of them from the Tools toolbar. I can zoom in if I hold down Z, but the cursor changes back to Zoom Out when I let the key go.

I saved the map, closed ArcMap and reopened it. The cursor shows Zoom Out from the start.

Has anyone else seen this? Might there be a customization option I clicked by mistake, or is this a bug?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KenricMcCay
Occasional Contributor II

I have no experience this, but it might be your keyboard.

Have you tried to press the X key or G key?  It might be stuck on the keyboard.  Here is a thread I found for you...

Stuck on pan tool

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KenricMcCay
Occasional Contributor II

I have no experience this, but it might be your keyboard.

Have you tried to press the X key or G key?  It might be stuck on the keyboard.  Here is a thread I found for you...

Stuck on pan tool

JoannLawler
New Contributor II

That's bizarre. I am using a Dell keyboard (like the other user), USB to a laptop. I think it probably is the keyboard, because the numeric keypad occasionally gets locked in number mode even when NumLock is off. Need to complain to Dell, I guess.

0 Kudos