Utility Network for Utility Network Management Extension (Esri)

01-25-2018 05:03 PM
SpatialNinja
Esri Regular Contributor

With the release of ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6 and ArcGIS Pro 2.1, the Utility Network Management extension is offered as a comprehensive solution to managing utility and telecom networks (telecom model not available with first release). Core tools within the Utility Network Toolbox can be used to create and configure the utility network. For automation purposes, the Utility Network Package Tools from the ArcGIS solutions team are available with asset packages for electric, gas, and water domains.

Use this discussion thread to voice any questions and discuss the new Utility Network on the Utility Network Management Extension.  Learn More: https://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2018/01/23/vision-and-overview-of-the-utility-network/

Thanks,

ArcGIS Utilities Team

Join the Discussion Below!

Solutions Engineer | Spatial Ninja  | GIS ️ | Telecommunications
75 Replies
TD
by
New Contributor III

Hi,

1. Is it or will it be possible to create a Utility Network from ArcMAP ?
  2. Will the Utility Network Toolbox or part of it be supported by ArcMAP ?
  3. More generally, What ArcMAP users will be able to do  (via REST if I understood well) with Utility Networks ? (visualisation, editing, analysis)

Thank you

0 Kudos
RemiMyers
Esri Contributor

Hi T D,

Thanks for the questions. 

1) The ArcGIS Utility Network Management Extension was designed to be run in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6 and above and most of the heavy lifting (edits, analytics and other good stuff) is limited to ArcGIS Pro at the moment.  We anticipate further enhancements across web and mobile solutions.  The utility network utilizes a new form of branch versioning which unfortunately ArcMap is unable to recognize even though the feature service is published through REST endpoints like other services. 

2) The tools provided for utility network support are currently available only in ArcGIS Pro.  

3) Unfortunately, ArcMap is unable to recognize the new versioning through REST services.

I hope this answers your questions.

0 Kudos
deleted-user-8UflVNK6jyNT
New Contributor II

Anyone else running into this issue? 

Working with the Electric Distribution Utility Network deployment, if I set my internal Portal as the 'Active Portal' then try to 'Deploy' the solution I get the error 'Failed to Add'.

If I sign out of my Portal and set AGOL as the active portal, ArcGIS Pro will allow me to Deploy the solution.  It appears to be broken in terms of adding the solution to the internal Portal.

0 Kudos
rakeshmenga
New Contributor II

Hi UN Team,

We are running into a strange issue. We have successfully published UN service on ArcGIS Server. The service does not start by default. We receive an error message as below

Unable to obtain license for Utility Networks.

We have a valid UN extension license, and are able to see the same in ArcGIS Server authorizations in ArcGIS Server manager. Is this a bug. Did we miss any configurations (We have used the default Electric Distribution Utility Network provided by ESRI)

Can you please provide a resolution.

regards

Rakesh

0 Kudos
RemiMyers
Esri Contributor

Check with your sales team to make sure you have the right authorization file for the utility network publishing.  If you continue to have issues please let me know and I will follow up with the utility network team.

0 Kudos
RobRader1
New Contributor III

I have published the Electric Distribution Utility, Naperville sample to SQL Server. Branch versioning enabled so it published as a feature service with version management and the Utility Network extension enabled. On starting all I receive is:"

Service failed to start

Electric_Distribution_Utility_Network.MapServer:

<Name of Service removed>
Unspecified error"

No error details in log (debug level), no event viewer messages, nothing except this "Unspecified error". This has now happened for two of us in the company, two different machines, two different setups: Exact same error. So wondered if anyone else has seen this?  

0 Kudos
RemiMyers
Esri Contributor

Rob

Report this issue to your sales team and they will get you going.  Tell them to reach out to me if needed, but they should understand the issue

0 Kudos
kishorenandach
New Contributor

When we try to publish the Utility network to ArcGIS Enterprise it is throwing an error as "00147 : The GIS server Role/extension is not licensed on the ArcGIS Server".When i checked the arcgis server ,Utility network management license is authorized and having validity.Also properly federated to Portal for arcgis.

In this case what are the things we need to check to overcome.

Is there any separate installer exist for Utility network management  for arcgis enterprise.

0 Kudos
RemiMyers
Esri Contributor

Same thing as above; for your first step just ping this issue to your sales team and they will get you started, if its a bug, they can assist in getting it turned in.  Tell them to reach out to me if needed, but they should understand the issue

0 Kudos
SrinivasaRao1
New Contributor III

Create Utility Network Problem
Hi, We try to create a utility network on my SDE database, But UN creation time it is showing error message with Failed to execute (StageUtilityNetwork). Please help me for this process

0 Kudos