Electrical Manhole Butterfly Diagram

Jump to solution
08-17-2020 01:04 PM
DannyLee1
New Contributor

Hi,

I work for the local government and we are evaluating on how we will keep our data going forward.  I had watched this video: Introduction to the ArcGIS Utility Network for All Industries https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPDMVg1JNXU&t=2057s 

34:17 min mark it showed a robust butterfly diagram.  Does anyone have an idea on how I can achieve this?

Thanks!

Hussein Nasser

Remi Myers

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RemiMyers
Esri Contributor

Hi Danny;

Those duct bank features were elements of the structure boundary layer in a utility network.  Containment associations were used to show the spatial features and nonspatial objects that were represented in each wall of the bank.   Please feel free to reach out to me @ Remi Myers‌ if you have more questions.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
RemiMyers
Esri Contributor

Hi Danny;

Those duct bank features were elements of the structure boundary layer in a utility network.  Containment associations were used to show the spatial features and nonspatial objects that were represented in each wall of the bank.   Please feel free to reach out to me @ Remi Myers‌ if you have more questions.

0 Kudos
DannyLee1
New Contributor

Hi Remi Myers‌!

Would you be able to share the dataset in a geodatabase so I can see how the connectivity work in that workflow?

0 Kudos
RemiMyers
Esri Contributor

I cant share that dataset, but I will modify the electric foundation model, zip it up and send it along.

Remi

0 Kudos
AnthonyRyanEQL
Occasional Contributor III

That would be great to get access to the resource as well. I assume it will upload to arcgis.com along with the rest of the project files, etc. as before. Thanks again Remi

0 Kudos
RemiMyers
Esri Contributor

Hi Anthony, 

I don't have access to that site.  My original intent was to provide a simple file geodatabase of a configured electric model (based off the solutions site), but instead, I will work with the doc team tomorrow to write a blog about how that demo was configured and how you can build that configuration in any network model.    

Please feel free to reach out with any other questions.

Thanks,

Remi

AparnaSunki
New Contributor II

Hi Remi ,

Can you share the document link with details of underground route modelling. I have verified in latest foundation model however couldn't find the model details. Can you share the Foundation version which have  duct banks and conduits modelled.

Thanks 

Aparna

Pat_Hohl
Esri Contributor

Is this still of interest? 

0 Kudos
AparnaSunki
New Contributor II

Hi Pat, 

Yes , I would like to view how Underground is modelled in Utility Network

0 Kudos
JohnAlsup
Esri Contributor

Our Electric Foundation model includes structure assets for modeling Duct Banks from Manhole to Manhole or vault.  You can trace from location to location, and limit paths to available ducts, which could be by specific sizes, or percent free.

John Alsup
jalsup@esri.com
0 Kudos