Hi, I realize this question has been asked a few times, however, I have tried to remove spaces, change name etc, but I am still having issues.

Jump to solution
09-13-2017 09:39 AM
JessicaRutherford2
New Contributor III

This is issue. I am trying bring in a excel table with a standard set of attribute (fields) which I will then merge layers to this new excel table. The issue is that I have an example of how the data should be entered, and when I bring in this excel table I keep getting this error message. 

One or more layers failed to draw:

ValdesSlidesMetrics$ Events: Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'Longitude centrepoint >= -129.300244 AND Latitude centrepoint >= 49.622159 AND Longitude centrepoint <= -123.957440 AND Latitude centrepoint <= 53.344866'.
ValdesSlidesMetrics$ Events: An invalid SQL statement was used. [`ValdesSlidesMetrics$`]

So when I go to export the data it will not work. I was wondering I have missed something...as this is a very simply step and I can not see what I've done wrong. Any suggestions would be most helpful.

Thanks 

Jessica

0 Kudos
13 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Jess- take a look at domains and subtypes: allowable values in a geodatabase:  Coded value domains and subtypes—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

That should just about do it....
JessicaRutherford2
New Contributor III

Hi Joe 

Thanks 

Ill have a look tomorrow. As I off now. Thanks for getting back to me.

Cheers

Jess

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Could you share your Excel file to see if we can reproduce the problem? I normally prefer to convert the Excel files into FGDB tables before working on them in Desktop. There are so many things you can do in Excel that are not valid from a database perspective, so having a look at the original Excel file would help.  

0 Kudos
JessicaRutherford2
New Contributor III

Hello Xander

I managed to bring the excel file into ArcMaps by editing the field names, as per suggested. So thanks for the help. 

Cheers

Jess