GeoNet Community: Year in Review and The Road Ahead

04-01-2020 05:12 PM
Labels (1)
ChrisCatania
Esri Community Team
4 0 793

It's been an exciting year on GeoNet. You, our Esri user community, continued to inspire us with your contributions, insights and passion to fulfill the GeoNet Community mission: to help each other find solutions, share ideas and grow GIS careers.  We're eager to head into another great year on GeoNet with you. But before we move along, I wanted to share a quick look back at 2019 highlights and a peek at some big news coming in 2020. Below is a quick summary and I invite you to check out the additional metrics and details which are included in the attached pdf below.   

2019 Highlights  

• Completed the selection of new GeoNet platform.
  • Launched more than 30 new spaces and private groups.  
  • Expanded the GeoNet MVP Program including hosting onsite event meetings and quarterly virtual events. 
  • Introduced new GeoNet member “Community Closeup” feature series 
  • Completed staffing of GeoNet Community Team 
    • Since 2017, we have been building the GeoNet team, and in 2019, we welcomed Louise Branscomb‌ (GeoNet Project Manager) and Leslie Fountain (GeoNet Content Manager) to our GeoNet team, joining myself and Michelle Mathias(GeoNet Community Manager).  

2020: The Road Ahead 

• We're continually inspired by your feedback on how to make your GeoNet experience better, and as part of the new platform update, we'll be working on projects focused on moderation, content and member stories, new member onboarding and group owner training.   

• Building on the success and growth we had in 2019, we'll be evolving the GeoNet MVP program.  

Thanks for your support and commitment to building the Esri Community.  We look forward to the continued partnership and supporting you and your work in 2020.  

Chris

GeoNet, Esri Community Program Manager and Strategist

About the Author
I lead the Esri Community Team and oversee the Esri Community strategy. Thank you for being here with us and I look forward to serving and connecting with you here in the community!