Storymap Journal Autoplay no longer working

01-24-2020 10:22 AM
BrandonPrice1
Occasional Contributor

Will this be resolved? Why is it not working anymore? Do the new storymaps support this behavior?

Brandon

Owen Evans

Esri Technical Support

ArcGIS StoryMaps

Classic Esri Story Maps

0 Kudos
5 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Brandon -- Hmm, I just tested autoplay on a few Journal stories and it appears to be working as expected for me. Can you provide more details about what you are seeing?

Yes, the new ArcGIS StoryMaps does support autoplay. You can activate it from the ... menu the header on any story.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
BrandonPrice1
Occasional Contributor

Hello Evan:

I experienced this issue on a mobile device.

0 Kudos
BrandonPrice1
Occasional Contributor

The autoplay option is not showing for me in the new arcgis storymaps

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@BrandonPrice1 - Did you ever get this worked out? Autoplay is supported on desktops, laptops, and tablet devices, but not on phones. For ArcGIS StoryMaps, the autoplay toggle can be found in the ... menu in the header when viewing (not editing) any story you have access to.

I'm not seeing any issues with autoplaying classic map journals on desktops or mobile devices, but please let me know if you are still seeing this and if you have any more information or a link you can provide to a story where it's not working as expected.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

I've also moved this question from the ArcGIS Online space, where it was originally posted, to the Classic Story Maps Questions space.

Owen Evans