Select to view content in your preferred language

Cascade Story Map

08-08-2019 11:08 AM
NorthSouthGIS
Occasional Contributor II

Hi, 

I have been building a Cascade Story Map and without fail, every 30 seconds or so, the page just crashes. I get a message saying that "something went wrong while displaying this webpage" and to "Reload" the page. The dev tools on Chrome also stop because the "rendering" has stopped. So I really don't know what is causing the issue. 

I cleared my cache, I used an incognito browser, I restarted my computer, I even tried recreating the story map from scratch. I tried on another machine. I tried replacing my data layers. But it still crashes.... It is impossible for me to get work done because if I make ONE change and try to save it, it still crashes. I feel like I am jumping through hoops. I called tech support but made no progress.

I am only using one web map so far in my story map and there are no known issues with it according to Esri tech support. Thoughts? How can I move forward? Best browser to use? things to avoid to increase my chances? Better with hosted data vs server data? 

-Melanie Rosenberg

Owen Evans

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Melanie -- Sorry you are having trouble with the Cascade builder.

We haven't received other reports of this happening, so I'm inclined to think it's something with your web map that is affecting the builder, or it could also be your network or your computer. I just opened the Cascade builder and was able to use it for 10 mins adding various pieces of content without an issue.

Can you perhaps share the web map here so we can take a look and try to troubleshoot?

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
NorthSouthGIS

Thanks for checking, much appreciated. I have tried it on a different computer (mac vs pc) and a different network. I will email you a link, since I don't want the link posted publicly here.

0 Kudos
NorthSouthGIS

Owen Evans‌ Added information: I created the web map from ArcGIS Pro 2.4. I will try to replace the web map

0 Kudos