Can the item list filter (by extent) be disabled in the shortlist story map?

Jump to solution
03-28-2016 10:49 AM
AdamGebhart
Occasional Contributor III

I recently created a shortlist story map that shows a five-year road construction plan.  I want each year's items/projects to be available in the leftPane regardless of the map extent.  Is this possible, and if so, can somebody please pass on the code modification?  Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkCooney

Hi Adam,

Have a look here Shortlist Configuration - Tab-specific Extents​ for relevant information.

Mark

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MarkCooney

Hi Adam,

Have a look here Shortlist Configuration - Tab-specific Extents​ for relevant information.

Mark

AdamGebhart

Mark,

Thank you for passing this along.  I am still pretty inexperienced with javascript, and coding in general, and haven't been able to get this to work.  Can you possibly help?

I replaced the main.js from my new story map with the Bangkok main.js that you linked.  I refreshed my story map but I just get the loading circle running endlessly.

Your message in the other thread indicates something needs to be added to the configuration portion (same area where you set the AGOL mapd ID?; or lines 28-82 of my version 1.4.8 application) of index.html, but I'm not able to locate anything in the Bangkok story map via the Developer Tools that shows me where I need to insert code in said index.html.

Am I moving in the right direction?

0 Kudos
AdamGebhart

Mark,

I should have waited on the first response.  I did find where to add to FILTER_LIST_BY_EXTENT and tabExents in index.html.  I copied and pasted the code from the Bangkok story map, updated the extents (all the same for me) and WKID and it works!  Now it's just a matter of tweaking the extent to make it look better and I should be set.  I may reply again if I have further troubles though.  Thanks again.

0 Kudos