BIM file to Geodatabase

08-10-2020 09:55 PM
TaehyoLee
New Contributor

Hi, All

I have a problem of using BIM file to Geodatabase. The problem is that after updating pro 2.6, BIM file to geodatabase is too slow to use the tool. i check the my system requirement and BIM file, but they are collect. Also, the BIM file size is not a big data. the data size is 37,560KB(It is almost 400MB). Someone says 400MB is big data, but i have a experience of updating 1GB BIM file on ArcGIS Pro 2.5. Anyway, does anyone know why BIM file to geodatabase tool is too slow to convert BIM file? currently, I am waiting half hour to finish the running and it is still 4%.  

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DA_BIM-GIS
Esri Contributor

Hello, 

There a few possibilities why the time has increase from 2.5 to 2.6 , but it should not be very significant. 

• From Pro 2.5 to Pro 2.5 Pro is reading additional categories and attributes specially the electrical categories. Those are always more complicated an tricky.
  • There is a significant Mass elements 
  • The file is an older version  2018 or older.

Best regards, 

David

TaehyoLee
New Contributor

Hi,

Thank you for replying my question. 

I forgot some information of my BIM data-The data is a revit 2020 version.

Also, I try to open other BIM data which is already created webmap, however, but, it is also fail to convert BIM file to Geodatabase.(I waited almost 1 hour). Moreover, i tried to open directly BIM data on ArcGIS Pro 2.6. the result was the same. 

I check all of possibilities about my laptop HW&SW system, but it is okay. 

I do not know why the time has increasing to use the tool. so, now i am considering to request technical support to Esri Korea. is it possible solution to solve this problem? or Uninstall 2.6 and install 2.5? 

0 Kudos