Topology not showing up in arc catalog ?

07-19-2018 09:02 AM
DanielPuckett
New Contributor

Topology not showing up in arc catalog 10.1 when I right click new within the window. Do I not have the right version of arc or right license ?

Thanks DL.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Did you perform a refresh of the ArcCatalog window?

0 Kudos
DanielPuckett
New Contributor

Yes and restarted Arccatalog a few times and a system restart just in case. still the same as the attached image shows.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Is Topology supported with a Basic license?  Any error messages?

No chance for an upgrade as 10.1 is sort of ancient at this time?

DanielPuckett
New Contributor

it is within arcmap I dont know within catalog though may have to dig into this deeper and also ask my IT guy if that is possible for I don't know the upgrade process.

0 Kudos
TamikoStone1
New Contributor II

I believe you should be able to create a topology on a feature dataset (not a single feature class).

DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Daniel,

Confirming what both Michael Volz and Tamiko Stone posted:

• The Create Topology tool is not available with the ArcGIS Desktop Basic license, you need to have Standard or Advanced; Create Topology—Help | ArcGIS Desktop
  • You can only create a topology from a feature dataset, not from a single feature class

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
shan_sarkar
Occasional Contributor III

Daniel,

That is correct, you can only create a geodatabase if and only if you have Standard and Advanced licenses. Also, the option will be available if there is a feature dataset as it is a property of a feature dataset.

However, you can create map topology from arcmap with basic license but that is not as useful as a geodatabase topology.

Creating a map topology—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

~Shan

~Shan
0 Kudos