Hardware configuration

02-16-2016 03:05 AM
Raghunatha_ReddySura
New Contributor

What is the suggestible hardware configuration for web appbuilder development?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Rebecca Strauch, GISP​ has published a number of blogs with tips on the Web AppBuilder Developer Edition:

Rebecca Strauch, GISP

Rebecca Strauch, GISP​, any tips on hardware configuration?

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

wow...3x's for my name.  Guess I better reply. 

The resource page is Web AppBuilder Developer Edition - Customization Resource List​   it also has links to the install tips, etc.

From the official help Get started—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers

Robert Scheitlin, GISP​  or some of the others that have done a lot of customization might have a clue about what it requires, but my guess is any of the modern machines can handle it (I have used 4-yo Dell X10 tablet with no problems...win7).  You WILL need an internet connection to ArcGIS Online ... OR a connection to your local Portal for ArcGIS.  That isn't actually hardware, unless you consider network connectivity part of that.

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Raghunatha,

There not a minimum hardware requirement that I am aware of. If your development machine can run JSNode then you should be good. I am unable to find an official NodeJS minimum system requirements page. But WABs help page lists the supported browsers:

Welcome—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers