Duplicate App Error and Create New App Error

Jump to solution
06-01-2016 07:33 AM
TimHayes1
Occasional Contributor III

I am using Web App Builder Developer Edition 2.0. I have created 12 apps, using the Local Layer Widget. They run good locally. I use the Firefox Browser.

But, when I open the WAB DE 2.0 and try to Duplicate App I get the attached error message. I also cannot create a new app. All was working good until now. I cannot figure what went wrong, 2 days ago it was working great, now I launch it and get this problem.

I have read this thread about this same problem, Duplicate app functionality is failing but it is a bit old and was wondering if anyone found a solution yet?

My app names do not have spaces. I know I can zip and import my apps after a reinstall of the WAB DE 2.0 from scratch, but I am hoping I do not have to do this as the problem will likely occur again?

Error01.jpg

Error02.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimHayes1

I fixed the problem. For the app I wanted to copy, I just kept hitting Duplicate around 10-15 times. Eventually, the App duplicated. Also, this seemed to fix the error that prevented me from creating new apps. Very odd indeed. But the problem is now fixed and the WAB DE 2.0 runs like a brand new BMW.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
HunterCarver
Occasional Contributor

I don't know about in 2.0 but I have seen this in 1.3 and what has worked is deleting the signininfo.json in the server folder.  This file regenerates each time the startup.bat runs and sometimes does not create properly.

TimHayes1

Do I use the same app id? or create a new one?

0 Kudos
HunterCarver
Occasional Contributor

I have never needed to in 1.3 though I sometimes still have to change the App Name to get it to duplicate then I just change it back.

0 Kudos
TimHayes1

Thanks, Hunter. I deleted the signininfo.json from the server folder and relaunched the app. I also changed the App Name. Still get the same problem.

0 Kudos
TimHayes1

I fixed the problem. For the app I wanted to copy, I just kept hitting Duplicate around 10-15 times. Eventually, the App duplicated. Also, this seemed to fix the error that prevented me from creating new apps. Very odd indeed. But the problem is now fixed and the WAB DE 2.0 runs like a brand new BMW.