Buffer by distance and time using WAB

Jump to solution
07-22-2016 03:50 AM
AliBarakat
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

Is there a tool in Web AppBuilder where you can select a point on the map and draw a buffer around it based on distance or time?

i tried one of the tools in the Analysis widget, but this one draws a buffer around all the points in the feature layer.

What i want is to select any location on the map then do the analysis.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ali,

The eSearch allows for searching and buffering by distance. The query widget in WAB 2.1 also has this feature.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ali,

The eSearch allows for searching and buffering by distance. The query widget in WAB 2.1 also has this feature.

AliBarakat

Thank you very much Robert! i was going to tag you, i knew you had the answer lol.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
AliBarakat

Hi Robert,

I have few questions, I hope you can help me with:

1. I want to merge the Filter widget and the Charts widget in one single widget. meaning i want one widget where i can filter my data and create charts on them without going through the process of using two separate widgets. is it possible?
  2. When i want to export my data to CSV, but i want to custom my own CSV desing (Adding logo, titles, etc..). is it possible?
  3. Is there a tool to send those CSV reports by mail directly from the app?
  4. Can we have a tool to switch the WAB to different languages? without going back to my organization settings in the portal and change it there. can we have like a language button to change it directly from the app?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Ali

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ali,

1. I am sure that this would be possible by an experienced developer. I don't work with charts so I have never had the need.

2. CSV does not allow for logos and such.

3. No WAB is a clinet side technology that does not have access to server side tech like email server.

4. Sure you could develop a tool/widget to change the language by changing the dojoConfig.

how can I control which language the WebApp will be?

AliBarakat

Thank you Robert,

for number 2,  if not in CSV, is it possible to do custom reports? maybe PDF with logos and other stuff.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ali,

Sure you are now in the area of needing a VERY experienced developer again though. Nothing someone code provide you a couple of lines of code for or walk a inexperienced developer through.

AliBarakat

Hello again Robert,

Hope you're doing good.

Quick question, is it possible to export the table of attributes to PDF and Access?

i know that i can export to CSV and then save it as pdf or access, but what im looking for is to do it with a single click and then choose the type that i want to export it into.

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

Ali

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ali,

No there is no support for PDFs or MS Access from the attribute table. It would be possible if you develop some server side web service in .net or php that you could call but you would have to do that and modify the AT widget as well.

AliBarakat

Hi Robert,

First, i want to thank you for all your previous help.

Second, is it possible to add google maps as a basemap in WAB?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos