Web AppBuilder Edit in Attribute Table

05-18-2016 01:28 PM
ChristopherSchreiber
Occasional Contributor II

The Esri JavaScript API 3.16 had added editing functionality to the Attribute Table widget. Can this functionality carry over into later relases of WAB?

Thanks!

43 Comments
ChaimSchwartz4

I see, I thought you were referring to the WAB. The app you are referencing is called the "citizen problem manager", which is designed to manage the incoming reports from the "citizen problem reporter", here's a link. It is a ready to use template and you can use it with your own webmaps and it doesn't have to be paired with the "reporter". It has some nice user interface options, as well as some script enhancements developed for it (link above), but you get what you get - you can't configure it with the flexibility you have in WAB.

PamBond1

+100 for editing in attribute tables in WAB applications.   Any update on if/when this functionality will be available? Chaim Schwartz

RamakrishnaBillakanti

Hopefully this will be soon developed and ready for the ESRI Community. +1000 for bumping it to the ArcGIS Ideas. 

by Anonymous User

I would like to see this because the attribute table allows for advanced sorting with a familiar spreadsheet interface. And also hopefully this will allow batch editing.

KrisReinertson1

I would also like to see editing capability added to the attribute table in WAB for users of the app the same simple way that we can edit in the attribute table of the web map. I'm designing a map for users familiar with spreadsheet editing and simple need to change attribute data to see the choropleth map updated when they make the edit to the attribute being mapped. No selecting or geometry editing required in my use case, and those options as provided in the Batch Attribute Editor would confuse my audience.

Justin_Richardson

Another vote for this functionality. This would really assist in our workflow.

GrantHoward1

I would vote this up 5000 times if I could. This capability would solve so many internal requests for me. Please do this ASAP.

by Anonymous User

Agree. And, if we could clear out attachments in this way (ALL attachments and photos) or somehow, all in one fell swoop on AGOL.  That would be very essential in order to use AGOL for damage assessment.  Basically, I would like to see the webmap and the WAB attribute tables have a Field Calculator and essentially replicate how it works in Arc.

AmyFish1

I really hope this happens soon.  I'm looking for a quick way to allow users to just update one field via a web map.

Jefcoat_Nathan

It is hard to believe that this functionality has yet to be implemented. These simple but powerful resources like contingent values and table editing really need to be added.