Popup info is adding many numbers behind decimal point?

09-26-2012 11:37 AM
ReedDavis
New Contributor
I have configured my popup to show percent unemployment for the county that is clicked, the popup displays the information but adds about ten bogus numbers after the decimal on some counties. The source data is configured as follows: The percent unemployment field is float with precision of 6 scale of 2, number of decimal places 2. The same is occurring in the search tool which leads me to believe it is a source data formatting issue. Any Ideas?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
34 Replies
StewartGalloway
New Contributor III
Reed,
Did you ever come up with a solution to this?
Thank you.
Stew
Stewart.c.galloway.nfg@mail.mil
0 Kudos
ReedDavis
New Contributor
Stew,

No, unfortunately the project that I was working on was a temporary contract and the customer did not require this issue to be resolved. It still bothers when I check on the product; However no one is paying me to fix it so there it stays. Please post here if you find out any more...
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor
This is working just fine for me.

<fields>
        <field name="Shape_Area" alias="Area of Feature" visible="true">
             <format precision="2" usethousandsseparator="true"/>
        </field> 

</fields>    

Of course, if I set it to "-1" I get the default, which is a whole ton of zeros.

so, with it set to -1

Set to "2":

R_

Works with my other numeric fields also.  Just figured everyone can come up with a Shape_Area field to test.

Though, I'm not using the description tag, so have not tested that part.

Ok, just tested using the description tag.  still working as expected.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Yep,

The original problem is very specific to a SINGLE (type) field it always worked fine with a double.
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor
I thought he had tried changing it to double a few posts back, with no luck.  So thought it might be elsewhere.

R_
0 Kudos