ArcGIS Pro 2.5: Utility network appears not to have tools to display flow arrows and set flow direction,

06-14-2020 12:05 PM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.5: Utility network appears not to have tools to display flow arrows and set flow direction,

It would be great if the “display flow arrows” and “set flow direction” get available

ArcGIS Pro 2.5: How to display flow arrows and set flow direction in the utility network,

22 Comments
DavidCrawford

I appreciate the idea, and it is on our plans as a future enhancement. 

I was just trying to set appropriate expectations with my response.  I'm not sure when exactly it will become part of the Utility Network in Pro.

It is not as simple as just displaying it - its not as if we have this information stored, and are just keeping it to ourselves.  It requires building the system to actually calculate and store this flow direction information (the UN derives this information on the fly during trace and analytic operations where directionality is required). 

Again, on our future plans, but not specifically timed out, at this point.

MelissaJarman
Status changed to: Under Consideration

JamesWright9

@JamalNUMANMaybe not what your looking for, but Schneider Electric's Editor 11 series provides flow arrows over the Utility Network.

JamalNUMAN

Is Schneider ArcFM is more powerful in terms of functionalities at the level of desktop and web than what we have in Pro?

LindseyStone

Please do this and make this available via the utility network and be able to be seen on web applications.  My utilities wants this for sewer and I have just had to make a secondary copy of my lines and symbology this out.  It is kind of annoying that this is just not a simple turn on and off option.

JamalNUMAN

It would great if this tool is added to Pro in the near future

utilitier

Hi @JamalNUMAN

I have a suggestion for you, if it does it works.
The electric line, copy and paste it and rename as the flow direction.

copy_paste_rename.png

And change the single syblogy line as ArrowLine2.

select_Arrow_Line2.png

than remove solid stroke.

change_symbolgy.png

You are able to see the direction of the line (if you are using the UN, your drawing direction must correct in terms of the flow direction ). When you need to see the direction, turn on/of the layer.

flow_direction.png

JamalNUMAN

Thank you for the input.

In ArcMap, we could change the source\sink and thus the arrows are automatically switched to the new direction

But why it’s challenging to have this functionality available in UN?

JamalNUMAN

Patiently waiting to get this functionality implemented!

JamalNUMAN

How about 3.0?