Select to view content in your preferred language

Set Edge Info on Parcels using ArcGIS Urban Connector Tools

Jump to solution
06-02-2023 08:53 AM
SarahRichardson
Occasional Contributor

Hey all,

Using the ArcGIS Urban Connector Tools - Set Edge Info on Parcels tool, I toggled on to use the Short Front which chooses the short front as the front when there is two possible fronts (as on a corner), but the tool doesn't seem to do anything. I also didn't toggle on 'Allow Multiple Fronts', but this tool still seems to assign most sides facing streets as front (and some interior sides gets assigned front as well).  Has anyone else had this tool work for assigning only one side of a parcel as front?  Thanks!

Sarah

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Till_Schmid
Esri Contributor

@SarahRichardson sorry to hear that the ArcGIS Urban Connector didn't work in your case. As @Gertvan_Maren1 mentioned, we are looking into ways how we can calculate the parcel edge information directly in Urban.

In the meantime, you can consider calculating the edge information in ArcGIS CityEngine instead. Check out the documentation topics below to learn more:

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Till

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Till_Schmid
Esri Contributor

Hi Sarah

Am I assuming correctly that you are talking about the ArcGIS Urban Connector for ArcGIS Pro?

I am looping in @Gert_van_Maren, he might be able to help you.

Thanks,

Till

0 Kudos
SarahRichardson
Occasional Contributor

Hey Till,

Yes, ArcGIS Urban Connector for ArcGIS Pro.

Thanks,

Sarah

0 Kudos
Gertvan_Maren1
Regular Contributor

Hi, 

The ArcGIS Urban Connector is not being maintained anymore as the team is looking into other ways to achieve this functionality. @SilviaCasas might have more information.

Regards Gert

0 Kudos
SarahRichardson
Occasional Contributor

I would think it would be maintained until another solution is deployed - would have liked to have known this was the case, as it takes hours to process and load parcels for a large urban area.  

0 Kudos
Till_Schmid
Esri Contributor

@SarahRichardson sorry to hear that the ArcGIS Urban Connector didn't work in your case. As @Gertvan_Maren1 mentioned, we are looking into ways how we can calculate the parcel edge information directly in Urban.

In the meantime, you can consider calculating the edge information in ArcGIS CityEngine instead. Check out the documentation topics below to learn more:

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Till