Publishing a scenario with existing buildings

05-15-2020 10:28 AM
DanCampbell
New Contributor

When I publish a scenario the existing buildings are not included. I viewed the "Exporting Your Scenarios" video and noticed that the existing 3d buildings are included in the published example, and are shown as another layer that can be turned on or off. What do I need to do to include existing buildings in my published scenario? Is the correct workflow adding the existing buildings through the design visualization option in a project?

Thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DominikAllemann
Esri Contributor

Hi Dan Campbell,

Thanks for your question.

Nice catch - you've just brought a little bug to our attention. A fix for this should be deployed with the upcoming 2.0 version of ArcGIS Urban, scheduled to be released mid-June 2020. 

However, even without a bug in our code, there is one pre-requisite that needs to be met by the existing buildings scene layer: it has to come with an associated feature layer. If you want to learn more about Scene Layers with associated feature layers, I can recommend checking out the corresponding section in the ArcGIS Pro documentation.

Until the release of ArcGIS Urban 2.0, I recommend adding the existing buildings layer manually to the exported Web Scene.

Please let us know if you are having further questions.
Thanks,
Dominik

0 Kudos