Modify parcels geometry in ArcGIS Urban

06-08-2020 12:23 PM
GaëtanLAVENU
Esri Contributor

Hi,

I would like to known how I can modify the geometry of my parcels in ArcGIS Urban plan. I know I can merge ou split my parcel but my need is simply to move vertices, how can I proceed ?

Gaëtan Lavenu

Esri France

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DominikAllemann
Esri Contributor

Hi Gaëtan LAVENU‌,

Thanks for your question. 
You are right: in ArcGIS Urban parcels can be split and merged. More advanced parcel edits such as moving vertices, for example, are currently not supported in Urban but can be done in CityEngine.
Check the section about the ArcGIS Urban integration in the CityEngine documentation to learn more about how you can bring your plan's data into CityEngine. 

Thanks,
Dominik

0 Kudos
GaëtanLAVENU
Esri Contributor

Hi Dominik Allemann,

I tried this workaround with CityEngine but it seems that I loose my edge orientation informations after the editing workflow of my parcel in CityEngine. Is there any plan to have such capabilities in urban for version 2.0 ?

Gaëtan

0 Kudos
DominikAllemann
Esri Contributor

Hi Gaëtan LAVENU,

Smaller geometry edits in CityEngine (such as e.g. moving vertices or rotating the shape) should keep the parcel's edge orientation information. 

Please note that also in Urban you can lose the parcel's edge information if you for example merge two parcels. 

The available options for editing parcels in Urban are kept simple intentionally. Providing limited editing capabilities makes it easier to make sure that the topology of the parcels layer (i.e. no overlaps and/or no holes) is persisted. Therefore, there won't be any changes regarding this in Urban 2.0. 

Thanks,
Dominik

0 Kudos