Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Urban Existing Scenario - KPIs

07-21-2024 06:11 AM
AhmedTarekAlhusainy
New Contributor III

Hello ESRI Community,

I hope you are doing well. One of ArcGIS Urban’s strengths is its ability to provide metrics for building custom KPIs that help determine the quality of a plan.

I am exploring another approach to study and assess the current situation, which will shape my planning process and help identify the analyses or challenges I need to address.

My questions are as follows:

1. How can I start with existing data in ArcGIS Urban? Specifically, how do I upload data into the existing situation and make the metrics appear over it?
  2. When creating a zone plan, it begins with the existing situation in 2D (as per my understanding). How can I configure the upload of data into urban spaces where KPIs will be calculated?

AhmedTarekAlhusainy_0-1721567659988.png

I hope my questions are clear. Thank you for your assistance!

Ahmed

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JasonKarian2
New Contributor III

Hello Ahmed,

Great questions! To start with the existing data and have metrics go over it, you first have to have a dataset with that specific data (for this example, lets use parcels with # of households on it). When you have that dataset, you then can go to the name of the plan, click on it, and go to your Plan Configuration, then click on Dashboards, and finally existing metric values. From there you choose the metric you want to upload (i.e. the parcels with the households number in households), and when you go back to your existing scenario you'll see the points appear with the number of households per parcel.

For that second question, I'm trying to understand what you mean. Are you saying you want zoning to calculate potential KPI's (i.e. how many jobs created, households made, etc.)? If so, that won't be in a zoning plan, that'll be in a Land Use Plan.

0 Kudos
AhmedTarekAlhusainy
New Contributor III

Hello Jason,

Thank you for your assistance. I understand your point about adding existing metric values from an external layer over the “Zoning Plan.” However, I am referring to KPIs that are “Calculated/Driven” from existing data. I will explore the Landuse Planning to consider your suggested solution.

I initially thought these KPIs were related to extruded buildings (“Existing”), which was part of my first question or another post.

Thanks 

Ahmed

0 Kudos