Select to view content in your preferred language

Why can't people see the shared result?

Jump to solution
08-26-2022 10:33 AM
Fiona
by
Emerging Contributor

Hi,

I created a survey in ArcGIS online and shared to the Public, but people stille need to login to see the results. Does anyone has a idea?

Bests,
Fiona

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

I see. Yes, this is also expected: The Survey123 website, when used anonymously, only shares data trends (analyze tab), not the specific record info.

Here is what I suggest:

• Go into ArcGIS.com and navigate to your survey feature layer.
  • Create a view from it, change its settings to allow queries and share publicly. Keep your survey feature layer private.
  • Create a web map from your new view and configure a dashboard or instant app to display your data.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

This is by design.  Check this blog post for details: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/securing-data-in-public-surveys-survey123-web/ba... 

If you want to share your survey data, you will need to create a view for sharing or use the Collaborate tab. 

Fiona
by
Emerging Contributor

Thank you for the answers, I have go through your blog and checked my settings, under the Collaborate/share survey:

Who can submit to this survey? Everyone(Public).

What can submitters do? Only add new records.

under Collaborate/share results:

Who can view results of this survey? Everyone(Public)

And in the ArcGIS online content, all items are public except the feature layer(it's private), but when I share the link from "Share survey results", it comes only the data(records,tables), not the map with points. And if I share the link from "Data/share/link to this page", it will need login to overview the results.

Bests,

Fiona

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

I see. Yes, this is also expected: The Survey123 website, when used anonymously, only shares data trends (analyze tab), not the specific record info.

Here is what I suggest:

• Go into ArcGIS.com and navigate to your survey feature layer.
  • Create a view from it, change its settings to allow queries and share publicly. Keep your survey feature layer private.
  • Create a web map from your new view and configure a dashboard or instant app to display your data.

Fiona
by
Emerging Contributor

I see, thanks you for your answers 🙂

0 Kudos