Select to view content in your preferred language

Viewing/Editing Attachments from the Inbox

05-22-2024 11:24 AM
MT_JenAmes
New Contributor III

I have multiple surveys where end users are accessing and editing through the inbox, and we have come across a few questions related to attachments. All of the below situations are when accessing the form through the Inbox, not when initially submitting the form.

Situation 1: Attachments (with a file type question) that were added during initial submission are not visible at all when viewing from the Inbox. It just has the question title, and then immediately followed by the next question title. The attachments aren't visible at all, on top of not being able to add new attachments.

Situation 2: Attachments (with an image type question) that were added during a previous submission can not  be deleted. Is this by design? Is there any way in Survey123 to delete a previously attached photo? Or if the wrong photo was attached, is there a way to replace it, rather than delete it?

Situation 3: Occasionally on a form with attachments (originally published as a file type question, republished as an image type question) the existing attachments aren't showing up. The attachments are still there, as confirmed by viewing in Field Maps, Map Viewer, and/or the Survey123 web version data page, but the question in the form does not show any of the existing images, it just has the button to add new images. This is not a consistent issue, many records do show all of the previously attached images, but some of the existing records do not show existing attached images at the attachments question.

I can share xlsxs if it would be helpful, but these 3 scenarios are occurring across multiple different surveys.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Did you set a query parameter?

abureaux_0-1716479742689.png

0 Kudos
MT_JenAmes
New Contributor III

I have not. Is that required so attachments are always visible? Would this only be on attachment questions, or would it have to be set elsewhere in the xlsx? 

0 Kudos