Unable to transfer Survey123 form to new owner

Jump to solution
11-17-2022 05:42 AM
erica_poisson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi - 

I am hoping to transfer ownership of a Survey123 form, associated feature layers and report templates to a new owner. The items are shared with a group, however the group is not a Shared Update group. I select the items, click "Change Owner", select the new owner, create a new folder with the exact same folder name and click OK. The feature layers transfer, however I get this error for the forms.

erica_tefft_0-1668691670505.png

I have never had issues transferring Survey123 form ownership in the past and am looking for advice as to why this could be happening. My organization has noticed many odd AGOL behaviors this week and I am unsure if this is related to that, or if it something with my Surveys. 

Some background on these two forms:

• They were created in Connect.
  • There is a web map which is associated with the Survey123 form (via Connect) that is offline enabled, however when I open the Survey123 form on my iPhone I am not able to download the map from "Offline Maps" so I do not think that this could be an issue...(?)
  • Interestingly, this map was the one "auto generated" by Survey123 connect (I believe...) and the "Change Owner" option is not even available for this item. I did not think this was a big deal because I am going to maintain ownership of all content other than the forms and feature layers... but maybe this matters?
  • Both Survey123 forms have submission URLs and write to the same feature layer - there are slight differences in each form, one is for public submissions and the other is for internal use by managers. 
  • I've run through Ismael's workflow for securely data in public surveys (https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/securing-data-in-public-surveys-survey123-connec...) so there are 4 Views in addition to the hosted feature layer. 
  • There are 4 webhooks associated with these forms, created in Power Automate. 
  • One of the Survey123 forms has 2 report templates associated with it (I am also unable to transfer ownership of these items!). 

Any thoughts on how I can resolve this would be appreciated. Re-creating the Survey123 forms are not a viable option. This is a well-established workflow and it needs to continue operation without disruption to users. I would have loved to be able to share this form with a Shared Update group to assist with management, however because it was created in Connect that doesn't seem to be an option. 

Thank you,

Erica
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
erica_poisson

On a call with Tech Support we were able to capture network traffic to get a more detailed error message. The additional details pointed to an issue with the group. After investigating the group, I discovered that when I'd initially created it years ago, I had set it up so that only group owners/managers could contribute content to the group. After changing this setting, I was able to successfully transfer ownership of the Survey123 form to a new owner. 

One aspect of this that is odd to me - I was able to transfer ownership of the feature layers (1 hosted and 4 views) without issue (to the same user). All 5 of these items are also shared with that same group, but did not throw an error. This error was only present with the Survey123 forms and report templates. 

Erica

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

@erica_poisson  Please let Esri Tech Support help you with this. Open a new ticket so you can have an analyst look at this in detail. 

0 Kudos
erica_poisson

On a call with Tech Support we were able to capture network traffic to get a more detailed error message. The additional details pointed to an issue with the group. After investigating the group, I discovered that when I'd initially created it years ago, I had set it up so that only group owners/managers could contribute content to the group. After changing this setting, I was able to successfully transfer ownership of the Survey123 form to a new owner. 

One aspect of this that is odd to me - I was able to transfer ownership of the feature layers (1 hosted and 4 views) without issue (to the same user). All 5 of these items are also shared with that same group, but did not throw an error. This error was only present with the Survey123 forms and report templates. 

Erica
0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor
0 Kudos