Survey123 Login Bug After Connecting to Portal

11-25-2019 08:47 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

After connecting to a Portal account with my survey123 desktop application I am not able to sign into my AGO account, or any other Portal account. Each time I click the gear icon and chose a different active Portal to sign into when I return to the sing in page I am prompted to sign into the same portal (i.e. the Portal I just signed out of, not the Portal or AGO account I just set as active).   

This issue began after adding our non production and production Portal connections to my S123 (version 3.6.153) desktop app in Windows 10. 

The steps I go through to change my active are as follows:

• log out of the non production portal
  • click sign in
  • click the gear icon to open the list of active portals
  • chose my AGO account or the Production Portal
  • click the back arrow to return to the sign in page expecting to either be promoted to sign into AGO or the Prod Portal
  • promoted to sign into the non production portal that I just signed out of

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the S123 app, and deleted the folder it is installed in twice now, but every time I reinstall the app I am promoted to sign into my non prod Portal, even though the Portal connections are not listed in my active Portals. Is there a file or folder in any of the normal ArcGIS or ESRI program folders that stores credentials for the S123 desktop app that I can delete so that I can log into my AGO account?  

0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the suggestion Jose, unfortunately clearing out my credential manager does not solve the problem, I am still being prompted to sign into my non production Portal every time. 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Andrew,

What type of authentication does you Portal use (built-in accounts, IWA, SAML/Enterprise login)?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi James,

It is SAML enterprise login.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Andrew,

I've tried to reproduce this based on the description you've provided with SAML test portals and am unable to.  Can I ask that you file a ticket with Esri Support to further diagnose what might be at issue here?

0 Kudos